Monday, March 31, 2014

Frozen Review Part 3 "Conclusion"

So this is going to be the last part of my Frozen review. Hope you've all enjoyed!
First I'm going to start with characters. I'm not going to do all of them, just the ones I have specific comments on.
           THE KING AND QUEEN








Can I start of by saying, WORST PARENTS EVER!! I mean, the only thing they do good in this film is die. Okay, that was harsh, but really? Your daughter has a power and she doesn't know how to control it. She one day accidentally hurts your normal daughter and you lock her up...forever? So first thing, why didn't they take Elsa to someone with these powers? I'm sure there is someone else with them. She was born with them. It's not like your poor and can't pay for someone to help her, you're the king and queen! Second, you just assumed that Elsa just randomly hurt Anna. You didn't ask her what happened, you just threw her in the brig. I've already talked about Anna being locked up forever. But, why did they lock Elsa up until she was at least 18 years old (I'm assuming, that's not a fact). If she was not gaining control of this power and was actually loosing control of it, why keep her locked up? Send her to someone with these powers! Maybe it's because they didn't want anyone to know about her powers, but why? They were ashamed of her, that's why! These are literally some of the dumbest parents in the world! Maybe if we had some time to know them they would be better, but not likely. They were just bad....
                                                                             ANNA         
                                                           
Anna is an amazing character, but is overshadowed by her sister. Why? I think Anna is an awesome character that deserves more popularity. She is was just as passionate and loving as Elsa, she climbed up a huge mountain for her and only left because she was forced by the snow monster. She is also one of the funnest characters Disney has ever made! She's hilarious! Anna, I think, is the most like us. She's clumsy and crazy. Loyal and trustworthy, but also sometimes makes bad decisions. She also has doubts. I believe she actually did think her sister was dangerous after she hurt her with her powers, but even then she was willing to give herself for her sister. And that is a really good character in my mind.
                                                                              ELSA
I really like Elsa. She a strong important character, she just wasn't in the movie enough. She was in the beginning and the end, but the middle mainly focused on Anna's adventure (which isn't a bad thing) but I just wish there would have been more of her. What I said about Anna is also true for Elsa (they are sisters). She has some of the coolest costumes in the movie and she really stands out as a character. I'm really not surprised she is the most known of the movie.
                                                                         KRISTOFF
Kristoff, Kristoff, Kristoff....He's the last character I want to talk about, and I want to make sure you understand what I'm saying, so pay attention!
Kristoff serves not purpose of this movie..."WHAT!?!!"
Yes, he really doesn't. Does he save the girl? No. Is he funny? A little, but there wasn't a joke he made that made me flat out have a heart attack. Really, just what does he do? He mainly serves as a love interest, but not even that, for until the end of the movie, Hans is the love interest! Like I said he doesn't save anyone. The only thing I think that he does is take Anna to the trolls. I really think Anna could have made it up that hill without his help. And don't get me started again about him talking to himself through the "voice" of Sven! Okay, am I saying I hate Kristoff? No, not at all. I do like Kristoff, I just wish he had more of a role in this film. (And less being crazy!)
                                                                       ANIMATION

   What can I say, Disney has mastered the animation of CGI! I mean it, the animation is breathtaking, especially in theaters. The background will leave you looking up "Frozen Backgrounds" on the internet and setting them as your desktop background. The flow of everything is amazing! The only complaint I have is the characters look just about the same as in Tangled. Most other Disney movies have a very original look to them, different than any other movie. I can understand that they are trying to get used to it, so I can dismiss this.
                                                                CONCLUSION
I really like this movie. It's true, it's one of the best in recent years. But, it's definitely not the best Disney movie or the best animated feature of all time. It has it's problems, some people are able to over look them entirely and some see nothing but the problems. I'm in between. I see the problems, but I also see the AWESOMENESS that this movie has to offer. If you haven't seen it yet, it's a must for animation fans and movie fans alike. Even if your not into animation, I'd say give it a go.   ★ ★ ★1/2 
                                                                   FAVORITES
Now, at the end of some choice movies I will display my opinion further by telling you my favorites..
Main Character- Anna, she just really made me laugh a lot and I liked her personality 
Side Character- Olaf, he was also very funny and..who doesn't like talking snowmen?
Song- Frozen Heart/ Love is an Open Door, I couldn't pick one. I love the message of Frozen Heart, but I also love the irony of Love is an Open Door (and it's got a catchy beat)
Scene- I love the whole scene of the song Let It Go. It has the best animation! (Also when Anna smashed Hans in the face)
Line- "I don't have a skull, or bones"-Olaf
Well that's it for me ya'll :D Please tell me what you'd like to see next. If you have any comments about anything I said, please go ahead and tell me anything you'd like. Please follow me if you'd like to. Bye-bye
                                                                                                                                 -The Filosopher

2 comments :